Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 23:20:41 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commercial vendors registry

As Tony Kimball wrote:

> : So what?  Do you want us to remove these drivers?
> :
>
> It would seem sensible to move decaying software into a separate
> distribution system, a la ports, were there sufficient reason to
> motivate the effort.

Hmm.  Not sure how to do this.  However, i think we should drop them
from the list of supported hardware first, and create an addendum for
`other hardware' in the release notes and installation docs.  This
way, people should know beforehand that they aren't going to expect
the same level of support when using these drivers like for the major
hardware.

--
cheers, J"org