Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 21:24:27 +0100
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@linus.demon.co.uk>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Minutes of the Thursday, April 13th core team meeting in Berkeley.

Peter Dufault writes:
>                                                     I propose what
>Nate thought I proposed:  two real releases per year, with branches off
>the release where critical bug fixes were put, and if there were enough
>critical bug fixes a bug fix release as in 2.0.5.  When there are no bugs
>and not enough value added new non-kernel stuff, then skip the bug fix release.
>
>2.0   : Release
>2.0.? : Bug fix release
>2.1   : Release
>2.1.? : Bug fixes.

I think that this, in combination with Gene's suggestion of creating a
release from a branch off a "stable" snapshot, would be a real winner for
people wanting to use FreeBSD in earnest.  The snapshots and sup/ctm already
make life wonderful for those of us who can cope with life on the bleeding
edge, but truly stable releases are what enable us to recommend FreeBSD as
a solution in production environments.

		Mark.