Date:      31 Oct 2000 03:08:57 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@citusc.usc.edu>
Cc:        Carlos A M dos Santos <casantos@cpmet.ufpel.tche.br>, kris@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, qa@FreeBSD.ORG, taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: Making XFree86-4 the default

 * From: Kris Kennaway <kris@citusc.usc.edu>

 * > Well, in 4.1-RELEASE with XFree 3.3.6 it *is* doing something. Look at
 * > /etc/pam.conf.
 *
 * Yes, it does in 3.3.6, we are talking about 4.0.x.

Can someone comment on this?  I don't use PAM here so I can't verify.

 * Again, I'm talking about the behaviour of the 4.0.x server. 3.3.6 was
 * not installed setuid root, but had a setuid root wrapper which
 * performed some amount of input validation, and was responsible for
 * catching at least one server buffer overflow. 4.0.x removed that,
 * although we now have an xwrapper port which should be used by default.

Taguchi-san said he will fix this properly last weekend.  Hmm,
actually the weekend's over now...Taguchi-san? :)

Satoshi