Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 19:54:03 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "bitbucket" mail list for testing?

"Jonathan M. Bresler" writes:

> > Once Upon A Time I thought the FreeBSD-test list was a blackhole for
> > "Subject: Just Testing, Delete" messages. But checking the majordomo
> > list suggests its for something else.
> >

> 	FreeBSD-test is a list that anyone can subscribe to and send
> test messages to the FreeBSD-test list in order to test their mail
> configuration.

I *thought* that was the case. Used a shell account on my ISP to query
majordomo for lists and saw:

  freebsd-test            sufferer of all new ideas and hacks
  freebsd-test-digest

... and was put off thinking it was something else. But now that I have
that all cleared up its something I'll not forget. Trying to think of a
better short description than above but my creative verbal skills are
not up to it at the moment. "place to play with your new mailer" or
"place to play with email" or "place to test your mailer" would have
lit a light bulb over my head.

Apparently there was nothing wrong with the sendmail.cf I had. Problem
was I was putting it in /etc/sendmail.cf rather than
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net