Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 09:26:24 +0100
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        Tetsuji Rai <tetsuji@MailAndNews.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AD1816 chip configuration (Soundblaster Pro compatible)

On Sat, Nov 28, 1998 at 04:02:22PM +0900, Tetsuji Rai wrote:
> I bought a new machine with a SoundBlaster Pro compatible card, which is in
> PnP mode.  However I cannot get it to work with my FreeBSD 3.0R (it works fine
> with Windows98).
>   I will write information on this card read in "control panel" of Windows98,
> and related lines in my config file, dmesg output, and all output of pnpinfo.
> This card is the only PnP card installed.  Best regards.
>
> -Tetsuji Rai
>
> It is Sound Image SoundComm AD1816 chip.
>   irq 5,  dma 3,1
>    i/o    0x220  0x388 0x300 (for midi)
>    joystick 0x200

Check out http://www.mayn.franken.de/users/tanis , I have placed a
patched version of Luigi's driver there with support for the AD1816.
You will probably have to add the PnP id of your card in the probe.

--
German Tischler            tanis@gaspode.franken.de
Apple eaten (core dumped)  tanis@cip.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de