Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:35:30 -0700
From:      "Bob Lee" <bob@bobleeit.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to configue ssmtp for authentication?

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

Quoting Jin Guojun [VFFS] <jinmtb@sbcglobal.net>:
> Try to use send-pr but cannot get ssmtp to work with DSL ISP mail server,
> because ISP mail server requires password for authentication.
>=20
> I could not find information on how to configure SSMTP to pass password
> to the ISP mail server.
> Can someone tell me if SSMTP is possible to accomplish such task? or I ne=
ed
> to use some other mail programs.
>=20
I remember somewhere that you could use the following:
AuthUser=3D
AuthPass=3D
I don't think this covered in the man page and I am afraid I can't
remember where I got it from. I don't think this will work with ssl,
but if all they need is a uid and pw, it just might. Put this in the
conf file.

Good luck,

Bob
--=20