Date:      Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:44:18 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: extending volumes

--Clx92ZfkiYIKRjnr

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:38:00PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Dimitar Vasilev wrote:
>=20
> > > I think you're attempting to do impossible.
>=20
> > > Under Solaris and AIX it is perfectly possible - however they're
> > > another beer.
>=20
> Nope.  Extending a striped volume by another stripe is impossible in
> about any system I've seen so far.

My Veritas VM manual tells me that vxrelayout can do it (although it's
"adding a column" in their terminology).  Granted, that's about as
useful as a chocolate fireguard in this discussion, but it's certainly
possible.

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--Clx92ZfkiYIKRjnr

--Clx92ZfkiYIKRjnr--