Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 13:55:12 -0400
From:      Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org, freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org, freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   RTLD patch for testing

Hi,

this is a call for testers. I am looking for people willing
to test the patch at http://http://people.freebsd.org/~kan/rtld1.diff
on non-i386 architectures. The patch unifies legacy locking code into
a single platform independent implementation using machine/atomic.h
macros. This is done in preparation for a new locking interface in
rtld and in order to simplify the future maintenance.

I believe disasters are highly unlikely, but make sure you have an
old copy of your /usr/libexec/rtld-elf.so.1 available nonetheless.

Large multithreaded applications like mozilla of KDE are of special
interest. Please let me know of any new failures you didn;t see
before the patch.

Thanks in advance,
--
Alexander Kabaev