Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 07:52:22 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, olivas@digiflux.org, will@unfoldings.net
Subject:   Re: Back-up DNS, mail and WWW servers for FreeBSD PR site

Hi,

This sort of thing has been tried before, and has always fizzled out
because people give up.  See:

http://www.freebsd.org/advocacy/

We give someone a commit bit to work on advocacy.  They take the free
commit bit, but never contribute.  This has been repeated until we're
sick of it.  Now, we do it the other way.

Actually build something useful, and we'll suck you right in and call
you "official".

Submit PRs to update the advocacy page, and we'll suck you right in.

Submit PRs to update the news page, and we'll suck you right in.

Heck, I will mentor anyone who actually produces PRs in ample number
*and quality* to rate it.  Flooding us with junk PRs doesn't count,
believe me, it's been tried.  :-) The T&C's on this offer are
available at:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=34139+0+archive/2002/freebsd-advocacy/20020915.freebsd-advocacy

While I specifically mention "In the Press," I'm willing to mentor
anyone who works on advocacy in general and produces actual work in a
manner that it can be integrated with http://www.FreeBSD.org.

==ml

Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org

           Absolute BSD:   http://www.AbsoluteBSD.com/