Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:29:21 +0100
From:      "Donovan R. Palmer" <donovan@dmpnet.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is it difficult to move from Linux?

One of the biggest attractions, among many, is that you install the BSD base
and then add what you want to it. I have increasingly become tired of having
to spend a tonne of time taking a tonne of stuff out of a Linux distro that
I don't need.  Of course, part of this is that I am a generally focused user
and particularly I am mainly after server type functions.  I suppose it
might be a bit different if I wanted a desktop replacement and didn't mind
having a bunch of things to play with over time.

Many thanks again. I have saved many of your emails for future reference. I
am blown away at the response and willingness to help. I didn't think that
existed any more in cyberspace!

Donovan