Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2018 05:21:58 +0000
From:      Dave Kokandy <drkokandy@gmail.com>
To:        Ed D <sampan44@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Font color

If you Google something like "design why not to use black" you'll see a few
results about this, for instance:
https://www.wired.com/2016/10/how-the-web-became-unreadable/

tl;dr it's not actually a technical reason at all, but rather based on
design principles. Since it's very hard to find objects in the world that
are actually black and not just a dark gray, the majority of design
trendsetters and art professors advise using against pure black in art and
design.