Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 17:40:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@argus>
To:        sysop@mixcom.com (Jeffrey J. Mountin)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about X.25 drivers

In reply:
> Do you have emacs on a startup disk?  Can you, no.  PICO is the norm and in
> some cases VI and I consider PICO an adolescent brother of JOE.

nope, emacs is the second thing i install after the os :^)

pico is great, but not for much more than small text files...  and it
is a great candidate for putting on a startup disk...

> Vi does not was lines showing what to press, which means more useful display.

vi is evil...

actually, in most cases, if emacs or pico isn't available, i'll use ed
any day before i would vi...

"ed is the true path to nirvana!  ed has been the choice of educated
and ignorant alike for centuries!  ed will not corrupt your precious
bodily fluids!!  ed is the standard text editor!  ed makes the sun
shine and the birds sing and the grass green!!"

> Vi is KISS compliant.  ;-)

[back on topic] you another packeteer?

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or