Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 1996 14:11:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dbc@webcentrix.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port of FreeBSD for use on Digital Alpha platform

> Is there a port of FreeBSD available that runs with the DEC Alpha chip?

No.  There is a hacked up NetBSD, but the machines had to go back before
a port could be completed.

> If so, where can I find it?

On a tape and/or unmounted hard disk at Jeffrey's or Terry's house.

> I am aware that there is a port available for NetBSD.

Yes.  Most of Jeffrey's work on the 21066 PCI Alpha motherboard
port of NetBSD has been integrated.  Maybe some of my console
code changes made it (maybe not, though).  All the other stuff was
pretty much unintegrated cruft at the time the machines went back.

> In addition, I would like to know any information you have regarding
> building firewalls with FreeBSD as well.

Check the handbook, the FAQ, the ipfw port, and the ipfilter port
(and accompanying documentation).  If you have specific questions
after that, post them.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---