Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 11:25:10 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        kegrotla@korrnet.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IBM 57SLC

> If there really are non-intel ports of FreeBSD being actively worked
> on, I'd love to hear about them.

I am working on a PPC port to Motorolla supplied hardware only (no Mac).

I have *some* code, mostly from Jeffrey Hsu and NetBSD, for the DEC
Alpha.  Jeffrey did the port of the NetBSD code, with CGD, to the
PPC platform.  I have FreeBSD's timer code, console code, interrupt
code, and a non-working VM ported over to the Alpha.  The loaner
machines Jeffrey and I had were recalled.  The port lives on mag
tape.

I have an HP 300 (well, not strictly true; it's a 68040) that I bought
to hack on a port for the 680x0.  I have not done anything with it
because NetBSD will not load (it can't disklabel a SCSI disk).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.