Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 18:01:02 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Letter to DOJ and State Attorney

California state attorney's web page which I easily found thru Yahoo:

http://caag.state.ca.us/

DOJ's Anti Trust Division contact web page:

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/index.html

For your review:

Hello,

The purpose of this letter is to ask you to block the Microsoft's Win98
release until it is clear that its monopolistic practice ceases.

I believe that one the tightest strong-holds that Microsoft has on
the PC industry is the way that Window is bundled with virtually
every PC now sold. This serves as a way to block any other competing
operating system and sets the stage for application dominance by
Microsoft.

Enclosed is Ralph Nader's letter which was submitted to major
PC manufacturers . Naturally, there was no response from the PC
manufacturers. Clearly, PC manufacturers need to have re-assurance
that if they start distributing alternative Open Source OS platforms
such as FreeBSD ( http://www.freebsd.org ) that there will not be any ill
forthcoming action from Microsoft.

Given that FreeBSD is supported world-wide and its developement is
conducted in an open forum , I believe that FreeBSD can provide
honest innovation. For example, please visit http://www.thinker.org
which is a web server farm of FreeBSD systems serving images from
a 3 Terabyte database,  http://www.thinker.org/imagebase/index-2.html
which clearly states that the image database is a joint project
between the San Francisco Fine Arts and the Computer Science
Division of the University of California at Berkeley;additionally,
I have the original e-mail announcement stating that the image
database is managed by a farm of FreeBSD systems should you be
interested.

	Sincereley Yours,
	<your signature>

<enclosed Ralph Nader's letter>