Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:53:06 +1200
From:      "Defryn, Guy" <G.P.Defryn@massey.ac.nz>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ftp best practices

I am setting up a webserver and I would like some opinions on this.

I have created a partition for the sites and create a directory for each
site. Then I create a user account and set the website folder as the
home directory for that user. The user can now ftp in his directory and
upload files.

One thing I would like to prevent is the visibility of the config files
in the directory. I tried setting the shell to nonexistent but ftp does
not seem to allow that.

Cheers