Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 01:04:04 -0300
From:      "Fabio Vilan" <duwde@duwde.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with new user-ppp ?

Hi.

Since my latest make world (today), my PPPoE connection trough user-ppp
doesn't work anymore. I've been using it for a time, no problems whatsoever
before.

show version in the new (broken) ==> 2.3.2 - Jul 24 2001
show version in the old (working) ==> 2.3.1 - Jun 26 2001

*Seems* to be a problem in the ppp program iteself (/usr/sbin/ppp),
as if I get back to the older version, everything works again.

The /var/log/ppp.log shows :
deflink: login -> lcp
deflink: Too many LCP REQs sent - abandoning negotiation
deflink: Disconnected!

My /etc/ppp/ppp.conf  (that works with the old version)
default:
  set device PPPoE:ed0:ISP
  enable lqr
  enable tcpmssfixup

  set lqrperiod 6
  set mru 1492
  set mtu 1492
  set timeout 0
  set log phase tun
  nat enable yes
  add default HISADDR

  set authname *****
  set authkey *****

I've also noticed that many other people have already found some other
problems
with this new ppp program in this very same list (freebsd-stable), saw many
tricks
to try to fix the problem, but none of them worked with me.

Btw I haven't found any change in the PPP(8) manpage with this new version,
so
I don't believe it to be a configuration problem (may be... but...)

Thanks
Duwde
duwde@duwde.com.br