Date:      Wed, 09 Dec 1998 18:15:35 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with Jikes license ???

> Please don't panic, but I have a bad feeling about this article in

Why should we panic?  All I see is some speculation about what might
happen with IBM's license.  I doubt IBM themselves are all that sure
yet.

> 	http://www.slashdot.org/articles/98/12/09/1453206.shtml
>
> We have to watch carefully: surely some people want to see the code
> GPL'd.

Having Jikes be GPL'd would hardly be the end of the world.  It's
still usable as a compiler and I don't think that having GCC be GPL'd
has exactly hampered our efforts.  We already have enough splinter
groups in the gcc community as it is anyway. :)

- Jordan