Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 16:33:31 -0700
From:      SUPERVISOR@alb.asctmd.com
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:    Re: Q: Does anyone know about implementing LAT support?

> I'm think I'm going to use the ifalias support and extend it to AF_LINK  >
sockaddrs.  So if SIOCAIFADDR fails, then I'll fall back to SIOCIFADDR.
>  > The worst thing is that this means all the drivers will have to change
> to support DECnet.  I'll be sure to make my drivers support DECnet
> but I'll leave the other drivers to others.
>  > My goal is to minimize the changes required to the system to support
DECnet.
You should be able to add it to the generic ethernet code...
Grab a copy of netipx.tar from the archive site (my XNS/IPX hacks to the
kernel) and you can take a look at the *.diffs necessary to add another
protocol family to the kernel. This might be a good starting point...