Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:40:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Just lost one to Linux. Compaq server support.

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

AA> But I am curious:  If new Apple hardware runs Mac OS X, and OS X is based on
AA> FreeBSD, does that mean that you can install honest-to-goodness FreeBSD on
AA> an Apple hardware platform--with no trace of Apple software anywhere?  Now
AA> _that_ might be interesting.

AIUI, OSX has (amongst other things) a Mach kernel and a FreeBSD userland.
They will have been ported/rewritten/tweaked as necessary for PPC.
FreeBSD on PPC is something the FreeBSD project is keen to work towards,
and there's no reason why it can't happen, but afaik it's not a mature
port yet.  I may be wrong but I see no /sys/ppc yet.

--
Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>