Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:19:34 +0200
From:      "A. Satow" <mailing@toba.rhein-neckar.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for a tool: strace in Linux

Hi,

I am switching my box from Linux to FreeBSD. I browsed through the ports
collection but did not find a tool called strace in Linux it traces
system calls and signals
Man page:
       In the simplest case strace  runs  the  specified command
       until  it  exits.   It  intercepts  and records the system
       calls which are called by a process and the signals  which
       are  received by a process.
Does anyone know if there is an equivalent tool which I can setup as to keep
trace of system calls and signals?

Thanks in advance
I appreciate any help.

Bye Alex