Date:      Wed, 20 May 2015 18:18:20 -0500
From:      Mahmoud Al-Qudsi <mqudsi@neosmart.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of NFS4.1 FS_RECLAIM in FreeBSD 10.1?

Hello,

I have not delved too deeply into either the NFS spec or the FreeBSD =
nfsd
code, but from my admittedly-limited understanding, it seems that =
reclaim is
both a mandatory feature and one that is present in the current FreeBSD =
NFS
v4.1 implementation. Is my understanding of this correct?

My reason for asking is when attempting to migrate an ESXi server to a =
FreeBSD
NFSv4.1 datastore, ESXi throws the following error:

> WARNING: NFS41: NFS41FSCompleteMount:3601: RECLAIM_COMPLETE FS failed: =
Not
> supported; forcing read-only operation

VMware ESXi 6.0 is able to mount NFSv4.1 shares exported from other=20
operating systems, so I figured I would ask here on the list before =
digging
out a copy of tcpdump and going down that rabbit hole.

I can mount and use NFSv3 shares just fine with ESXi from this same =
server, and=20
can mount the same shares as NFSv4 from other clients (e.g. OS X) as =
well.

Thanks,

Mahmoud Al-Qudsi
NeoSmart Technologies