Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:34:07 +0900
From:      NAKAJI Hiroyuki <nakaji@tutrp.tut.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pid 27467 (sort), uid 0, was killed: out of swap space

Hi,

It has already been discussed but I still have the same "out of swap
space" problem. How can I avoid it?

I cvsupped this morning (in Japan) and did 'make world'.

$ uname -v
FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #89: Mon Apr 28 11:16:29 JST 2003
root@boggy.acest.tutrp.tut.ac.jp:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NAKAJI

"portupgrade" always fails because of "out of swap space" as discussed in
the beginning of April. I have same problem now. When I just typed "make
install clean" in /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade, it causes "out of swap
space" while "Registering ...". :(

Another example, ports/multimedia/mplayer-skins also gets "out of swap
space". And sort, XFree86, mozilla-bin, emacs, ntop and so on are all
killed because of "out of swap space".

I have 2180M swap (on HDD), but it does not help. With P4 1400MHz, 2180M
swap will be filled up in less than one minute.

Is this problem NOT fixed yet?
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki