Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:10:36 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Charles Green <green@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A little help with figuing something out.

>         Ok, help me figure this out... I've been watching the occational
> message floating by about the "new" sound drivers for freebsd. So is someone
> working on integrating Hannu's newest driver? Or is it a patched version of a

There are no "new" drivers - just a recent addition to bring in better
support for the AWE32.  The basic voxware stuff remains the same.

Someday, perhaps, we will have OSS/Lite support just as soon as Hannu
makes it work under FreeBSD (no, I have no idea when - ask Hannu :-).
Until then, we'll be using the same stuff we've been using for years.

					Jordan