Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 2010 20:38:05 -0800
From:      Charlie Kester <corky1951@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printer recommendations?

My old HP Laserjet 4+ is broken and I'm thinking about buying a new
printer.  I'd appreciate hearing recommendations from the list.

My requirements:

- Compatible with FreeBSD (obviously)

- Laserjet preferred.  Black & White only.  I don't need to print photos
   or business brochures.

- Very light home usage.  (Tax forms and the occasional printout of a
   software manual for offline study.)

- Low upfront and maintenance costs. Printers are like the old Gillette
   razors: the money's in the blades (toner or ink cartridges), not the
   device.

- Any interface is OK. Parallel, USB, networked.