Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 00:55:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        -= Tirta Wijaya =- <tirta@ncs.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: java 1.1.7 installation question

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, -= Tirta Wijaya =- wrote:

> Hi,
> MY Free BSD O/S: FreeBSD 3.1
> I've downloaded Jdk 1.1.7 from your site and follow the instruction:
> but when i try to execute java this is what I get:
> tirta% javac
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkaffevm.so.1" not found
>
> Where can I got the share library? Which module I need to install in order
> to get my Java running.

You have files left over from the kaffe port (only the kaffe port called
out that shared library, it's a dead giveaway).

Deinstall /usr/port/lang/kaffe, then reinstall the jdk.  It'll work.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).