Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:46:05 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Warning when making FAQ

I've just been making some mods to the FAQ (the SGML source) and
when I make(1) it I get the following warning:

marder-1# make && make install
sgmlfmt -f html -links /usr/src/doc/FAQ/FAQ.sgml
sgmlfmt -f latin1 -links /usr/src/doc/FAQ/FAQ.sgml
sgmlfmt -f ascii -links /usr/src/doc/FAQ/FAQ.sgml
FAQ.trf:7890: warning: can't find special character `:i'
FAQ.trf:7890: warning: can't find special character `:i'

but there is no file FAQ.trf in /usr/src/doc/FAQ, is it a temporary
file and is the warning anything to worry about?

BTW, I notice that the index page for the FAQ is still titled:

Frequently Asked Questions for FreeBSD 2.X

and also states:

This is the FAQ for FreeBSD systems version 2.X All entries are
assumed to be relevant to FreeBSD 2.0.5 and later,.......

is this intentional? It gives the impression that it is out of
date. Should it be changed to ``3.X'' or, because of the reference
to 2.0.5, ``2.X and 3.X''?

      My Webpage http://http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~mark/