Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:01:00 -0400
From:      "Shawn M" <tywe@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   share Internet to win9x over LAN

------=_NextPart_000_00B8_01BEEC18.459ADDA0

Hi, I hope I am posting in the right area, if not let me know. I am new =
to freebsd, so this should be the right place. I just need someone to =
point me in the right direction here. I am pretty confused by all the =
online doc's I've looked at over the last couple days, and I've been =
watching a few of the mailing lists for a few days now without much luck =
on my problem. Alls I want to do is set up my freebsd box to act as a =
internet gateway for a win9x box connected via ethernet. I already =
configured the ethernet cards on both machines, but thats it. So, when I =
do a netstat -r on the freebsd box, I can't see anything about the =
ethernet card. But, I see it getting configured in the dmesg as pn0 =
(like the driver docs said to do), and when I do a netstat -i, the pn0* =
interface is the first on the list. I know how to set up the win9x box =
to use the server when it works, so i mainly just need help finding docs =
on how to do it. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be setting up. =
ipfw? natd? samba? Thanks for any help you can offer me here.

Shawn

------=_NextPart_000_00B8_01BEEC18.459ADDA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi, I hope I am posting in the right area, if not =
let me know.=20
I am new to freebsd, so this should be the right place. I just need =
someone to=20
point me in the right direction here. I am pretty confused by all the =
online=20
doc's I've looked at over the last couple days, and I've been watching a =
few of=20
the mailing lists for a few days now without much luck on my problem. =
Alls I=20
want to do is set up my freebsd box to act as a internet gateway for a =
win9x box=20
connected via ethernet. I already configured the ethernet cards on both=20
machines, but thats it. So, when I do a netstat -r on the freebsd box, I =
can't=20
see anything about the ethernet card. But, I see it getting configured =
in the=20
dmesg as pn0 (like the driver docs said to do), and when I do a netstat =
-i, the=20
pn0* interface is the first on the list. I know how to set up the win9x =
box to=20
use the server when it works, so i mainly just need help finding docs on =
how to=20
do it. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be setting up. ipfw? natd? =
samba?=20
Thanks for any help you can offer me here.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Shawn</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B8_01BEEC18.459ADDA0--