Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:00:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need source...

> I'd like to put FreeBSD on my Libretto 50CT laptop and dual boot it
> with Windows 95 (I need the latter for quicken, quickbooks and a
> couple of programs for work). However, the disk drive that comes with
> it is only 880M.

And the problem is?  I've got 3 OS's on my 800MB drive, Win95,
FreeBSD-2.1 (stable non-changing unix environment), and FreeBSD-current
(development environ with OS sources on it that is *very* tight on disk
space.)  I had to double-space the Win95 partition to get it to work,
but it does.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to squeeze X onto the FreeBSD
installations due to disk space.

> Anybody know where I can get 8.5mm tall 2.5" IDE
> drives?  I've tried all the usual places, but they only have the more
> standard 12.5mm tall drives, and nothing thinner.  While I could fit
> one of these into my machine with a dremmel tool, I'd rather not do
> that given the 4 year warnatee I paid extra for...

You may try out Japan Palmtop Direct, which is who we bought our
Librettos from before they were sold in the U.S.

http://www.mmjp.or.jp/jpd/frames73.htm

Nate