Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:18:12 +0100
From:      Gabriele Cecchetti <gabriele@sssup.it>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Good SATA II 3.0Gb controller for FreeBSD 6.x/amd64

Any suggestion for a good SATA II 3Gb controller for FreeBSD 6.x/amd64 ?
I prefer controller with
- stable and working driver (not beta driver or with some problem)
- command-line utilities as needed (create and rebuilt array on the fly)
- good performance with RAID5 with every operation done by hardware
(My CPU has no time to do XOR calculations and other raid stuff :-))
- PCIExpress interface (not PCI-X!)
- more than 4 ports (6 or 8 ports)

Hot plug support is not a must (I can turn off the machine for 15
minutes to plug another drive)

My hardware is Asus P5B and Intel E6300 (working with amd64).
The disks are 4x300GB SATA II at the moment but they may grow in number.

Thanks
G.