Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:30:39 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need source...

In message <199710172000.OAA21209@rocky.mt.sri.com> Nate Williams writes:
: And the problem is?  I've got 3 OS's on my 800MB drive, Win95,
: FreeBSD-2.1 (stable non-changing unix environment), and FreeBSD-current
: (development environ with OS sources on it that is *very* tight on disk
: space.)  I had to double-space the Win95 partition to get it to work,
: but it does.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to squeeze X onto the FreeBSD
: installations due to disk space.

But I want X :-).  It sounds like I can get most of what I want under
FreeBSD, however.  -current has been stable enough for me for a long
time, so I may just run that.  That's what my build box wants to build
(or at least what it builds).  I could then do an NFS mount and make
isntallworld...  This has lots of potential.

: You may try out Japan Palmtop Direct, which is who we bought our
: Librettos from before they were sold in the U.S.
:
: http://www.mmjp.or.jp/jpd/frames73.htm

I'll have to take a look there.

Did you get the US or japanese keyboard?  the us keyboard has one
fewer columns of keys on it, which makes its keys a little larger.  So
far it hasn't been bad.  Not what I'd want to do for extended hacking
session, but for light to moderate editing, it has been fine.

Warner