Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2019 10:37:37 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "John Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd@edvax.de
Subject:   Re: Why is Sendmail still around?

On 31 Mar 2019 15:25:23 -0400, John Levine wrote:
> In article <20190330034328.2ecbd2c8.freebsd@edvax.de> you write:
> >Sorry, maybe I didn't write my current problem in a more
> >precise way: The SmartHost option (mail relay provided by
> >ISP) is gone, ...
>
> Are you saying your mail provider offers no submission server
> for its users?

I didn't say that. Even worse, I stated that I now have to
use the mail provider's SMTP "interactively" (through the
MUA). :-)

My main intention was to find a convenient (!) way to locally
submit messages to sendmail (or something else) which would
then do all the "outgoing mail chores" in the background.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany