Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 22:07:49 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone on the list with Matrox Millenium docs?

there oh you where saying . I see ..

Well, I just finished watching star trek: voyager at 640x480 32bits with my
 S3 968 Picture is not bad at all 8)

Tnks Michael for your kind offer . I suspect that the Millenium has
a silly register which we can set so we can achieved the pixel order
that I want.

>From The Desk Of Michael Smith :
> Amancio Hasty stands accused of saying:
> > Okay, I am interested in using my Bt848 for live video on my screen.
>
> Fund me and I will happily produce a matrix translation ASIC that does
> the transform for you 8)
>
> > With fxtv I can dump raw video to the display frame buffer for
> > a very relaxing couch "lizard" effect.
>
> Ah, nice toy 8)

Yes, Indeed. My Wincast/TV has a tuner and dbx stereo decoding so sound
is good and the tuner is a nice future -- you know for surfing the TV  ...

> > The bt848 can pump out bgr however only in 24bit mode. The Matrox
> > X server does only 32bit alpha G B R.
>
> Hmm, either have a chat to our friends at Xi, as AccelX does native
> 24bpp on the MGA-220 (requires patch to their setup program, be
> aware), or perhaps pester Matrox directly for hardware data.
>
> I'm kinda surprised that the Bt848 doesn't have a programmable output
> format though; how do you do "live" video into a palette-mapped or
> packed (eg 5-6-6/5-5-6) buffer?

I don't do pallete stuff . The bt848 offers multiple video formats .
If you want to know more about the Great land of Bt848 :
http://freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/Bt848.html
http://www.brooktree.com/pdf/graphics/DATASHTS/l848_b.pdf

And last but not least you can check out the Bt848 driver and fxtv.

	Regards,
	Amancio