Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 1994 17:55:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Paul J Klein <pklein@csd.uwm.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Install problems

>   1) There is no 'adduser' or 'useradd' functions. How do I create new
>   accounts? Maybe this has something to do with my mount points:

Just use vipw and clone an existing entry..  There will be a real
adduser utility in 2.1.

>   2) My dos partition does not show up. I called it '/dostmp'. Does it have
>   to be called '/dos'? This dos partition, does NOT contain DOS, just a DOS
>   file system. DOS is located on a IDE drive which I disable when I want to
>   boot FreeBSD (since it is the C drive)

Is it in your /etc/fstab?  You may need to `mkdir /dostmp'; the install
script neglects to do so..

>   3) When I try to install XFree86-3.1 from CD, it does the checksum
>   verification, but when it says 'unpacking XFree86-3.1 distribution' it
>   just hangs...hmmm

Actually, it's waiting to talk to you on the other screen! :-)  Hit
ALT-F2.

>   4) If I want to install X now without installing everything else, I use
>   the /sbin/sysinstall script, but when it comes up, none of the mount
>   points are known (disklabel)... Have I done something incorrectly?

Just run the extract.sh script in the XFree86 distribution to install
it in the post-install world..

					Jordan