Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 16:45:43 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        asolomon15@nyc.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with xf86cfg

On 21 May 2003 Antoine <asolomon15@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone
>
>I am trying to install freebsd 5.0 on an older system that I have.   I
>try to configure the my nvidia tnt2 card using the xf86cfg utility.  I
>keep getting an error with it  What should I do?

Hi Antoine,

If you've already read the handbook section on how to do this, you should
write a post, including any error output, and send it to -questions. (You'll
get the answers you want there.) You should probably include a bit more info
about the situation. (Like what driver you're using, what does
/etc/X11/XF86Config say about the card, etc.)

If the error occurs while starting X, include any relevant lines from
/var/log/XFree86.0.log.

Hope you get it figured out,
Clayton