Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 20:34:29 +0100
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sbwait hang?

According to Michael Smith:
> > there is a sequence of bytes that need escaping (and these occur about
> > 4Meg into the linux tar file).  The modem is probably dropping or
> > corrupting those bytes, and corrupting the packet (this might have
> > something to do with the compression software in one of the modems).
> > Other packets would still make it through though.
>
> That's an interesting thought.

I once found a Word document that we need to get through a async leased
line (with PPP) and that would panic the poor little Sun3 on the other side
*every time* we tried to FTP the file. Compressing it solved the problem...

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
  FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #39: Sun Feb  2 22:12:44 CET 1997