Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 14:44:27 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone on the list with Matrox Millenium docs?

Amancio Hasty stands accused of saying:

> Well, I just finished watching star trek: voyager at 640x480 32bits with my
>  S3 968 Picture is not bad at all 8)

I have a tuner card that offers similar results, only I have to work out
how to power it outside the PC now.  Shouldn't be hard 8)

> Tnks Michael for your kind offer . I suspect that the Millenium has
> a silly register which we can set so we can achieved the pixel order
> that I want.

Hmm, hopefully.  The offer was the least I could do 8)

> Yes, Indeed. My Wincast/TV has a tuner and dbx stereo decoding so sound
> is good and the tuner is a nice future -- you know for surfing the TV  ...

No, I don't know.  We only have 5 channels here, and only 1.5 of them
are worth watching, so it makes the "no, there's nothing on TV" process
a little quicker.

> > I'm kinda surprised that the Bt848 doesn't have a programmable output
> > format though; how do you do "live" video into a palette-mapped or
> > packed (eg 5-6-6/5-5-6) buffer?
>
> I don't do pallete stuff .

I know you probably don't, but are you saying that the 848 is only capable
of doing direct-to-video work in RGB order?  Odd.  *shrug*

> And last but not least you can check out the Bt848 driver and fxtv.

Love to.  Just after I get one.  For my new SMP machine.  *sigh*