Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 14:37:13 -0700
From:      "Chris Csanady" <cc@tarsier.ca.sandia.gov>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packet Engine Gigabit Ethernet driver...

>I hunted down the driver for the packetengine gigbit ethernet driver:
>
>http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/Projects/Gigabit/drivers/PacketEngines.html
>
>It's for 2.2.2 so if anyone wants to bring it up to speed its sitting
>there all alone... by itself.. lonely... wishing it had a home

It has a home. :)  It is not really ready for prime time though.
I have not done any work on it for quite a while.  Packet Engines has
recently released its second generation board, the G-NIC 2.  This board
should hopefully fix a number of problems that the original had,
although will require reworking a lot of the driver.  I have a pair of
these in hand, and will work on it when I have the docs.

Chris Csanady