Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 11:09:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release/scripts dokern.sh

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Eivind Eklund wrote:

> With 'controller pnp0' included in the config?

Yes.

> > Or does sio only accept certian card IDs?
>
> If your card include the compatibility ID for serial ports, it should
> work.  If it doesn't - well, it isn't claiming to be some type of
> serial port, so there isn't that much we can do about it.

Actually I took a peek, and figured out that the PnP stuff checks for a
handfull of modems (mostly USR and a few Supra), none of which I own.  So
I added what appeared to be the vendor id (??) and it recognizes it in the
PnP probe.

CSN 2 Vendor ID: CRD0001 [0x0100440e] Serial 0x00416288 Comp ID: @@@0000 [0x0000
0000]
sio1: type 16550A
sio1 (siopnp <Cardinal MVP288IV> sn 0x00416288) at 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 3 on
isa

>From what I can tell the code is _not_ checking for everything and
anything claiming to be a serial port.

- alex