Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:37:37 -0000
From:      Ian Vaudrey <IVaudrey@talksport.co.uk>
To:        "'Justin T. Gibbs'" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: ahc - Invalidating pack

Many thanks for the response.

I last ran cvsup and built & installed world and kernel on this machine
yesterday (March 20th), but unfortunately the problem is still occurring.
aic7xxx.seq is at revision v 1.94.2.12 (2001/03/19 15:09:26).

I am certainly not ruling out a hardware problem as the cause of this, but
the controller, drive, cabling and terminator are all new and the subsystem
passes every diagnostic I have access to. I've been considering reverting to
4.2-RELEASE to see if the problem goes away. Would that be a useful thing to
try?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need any more information.

 - Ian

Privileged/Confidential Information may be
contained in this message. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message (or responsible
for delivery of the message to such person), you
are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this message is
prohibited.

notify postmaster@thewirelessgroup.net
immediately.

Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of The Wireless Group.