Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:03:37 -0500
From:      mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UP1000 install comments

Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> No idea.  I usally build from ports.

Ok i will do the same if i have to.

> Cool.  Does it work any better?

Happy to report i now have a stable Alpha machine running  FreeBSD  with an
X session..wonders never cease to amaze me...really my hats off to the
FreeBSD team. XF86-3.3.6_4 stock off the install download is stable. I am
building several programs simultaneously now while ftp downloading, all
appears to be well, the machine has been up for the last 12 hours. Thanks
again for your help.
-Mel