Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 00:17:26 PST
From:      fadorno@juno.com (Fred Adorno)
To:        lithium@cia-g.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Adaptec 2920 pci card and NEC SCSI 4x CD-Rom

On Thu, 20 Jun 1996 23:01:21 -0600 (MDT) Stephen Fisher
<lithium@cia-g.com> writes:

>One of my machines runs off of an Adaptec 2940 great.  That same
>machine
>also has a SONY CDU-76S 4x SCSI drive that works great.  I'm not sure
>about the NEC being supported - try asking
>freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
>mailing list.
>
>On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Fred Adorno wrote:
>
>> Any support for these hardwares?  I'm not about to lower my
>standards to
>> work with the devices that are currently being offered.
>

> - Steve
>  - Systems Manager
>  - Community Internet Access
>  - http://www.cia-g.com

Steve,  it doesn't surprise me that your box is running fine with the
Adaptec card, but it so happens that we do have a SCSI Device Support
for that card that you have.  The drivers on our box does not have a
device driver for my particular type of card.  However, I did notice
that the last line in my kernel stated "pci0....driver not loaded" which
tells me it knows that I have a card sitting on my pci bus, but it
doesn't know what to do with it.  This card came with device drivers for
win 95, os2, netware, unix.  I'm not sure, but I'm going to try
installing the drivers for unix environment and see what happens.