Date:      Thu, 8 May 1997 19:00:00 -0700
From:      Hayes <drhealth@concentric.net>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   I'm Dead???

Hi, I just recently bought and tried Installing FreeBSD 2.1.6.  The CD that I purchased came with 2 CD's and  for some reason It never asked me for the second.  I tried installing 3 different ways.  First I tried using the Fips utility on your CD to split my existing DOS partition.  Once I did that I tried installing and part way through the installation it gave me an error saying something like "error 10 caught, I'm dead" or "fatal exception 10 caught, I'm Dead".  It was something like that.  I didn't write it down but I'm pretty sure it was something of that sort.  Trying to install it a second time, I booted off of a floppy which brought me directly into the installation program.... To make a long story short, I removed all the partitions and had it use the entire disk.  It did the same thing as before, Third time I let it write to sector 0 of the Drive and tried installing.  Every Time I tried installing before this point I did a custom installation.  The last time I tried installing I selected minimum.  And It gave me the same error.  Every time that the message came up I rebooted the computer.  I can't think of what the problem might be... I thought  It might not be reading the CD after a certain point but I partitioned the drive and BSD was the only thing on it...  Thought it might be an error in the selection I was picking but did custom and minimum.  You guys are the techs, what do you think this is?  Any help installing would be greatly appreciated.