Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 02:42:18 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jhs@freebsd.org
Cc:        gclarkii@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing the Handbook

Julian H. Stacey stands accused of saying:
> > From: Gary Clark II <gclarkii>
>
> > If no one disagrees
> > I would be willing to donate/pay %25 of my net profits to FreeBSD Inc. more
> > if there are many copies sold.
>
> Hi Gary,
> I'm afraid I don't like the sound of this.
> if it's in the src/ tree, it's FreeBSD, & FreeBSD isn't for sale :-)
> We can use src/* without the headache of royalty payments to anyone,
> anything more restrictive gets tossed in ports.
>
> ... or have I misunderstood you ?

I think you should go and read the Berkeley license again, Julian.
Gary can do whatever he likes with it, as long as he gives due credit.

On _TOP_ of this, he's offering 25% of his profits.  I call that _damn_
generous.

> Julian S.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[