Date:      29 Jan 1999 16:55:21 -0500
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB drivers

FWIW:

http://wearables.stanford.edu/
http://www.research.digital.com/wrl/itsy/index.html

IIRC, they are not USB, but they could well be.

(for those not interested in looking, two references to palmtop linux boxes)

Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at> writes:

> Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com> wrote:
> >
> >Anyone considered building a PC whose only means of talking to
> >the world is a USB port?
>
> It'd be rather crippled with only 12Mbit/s of IO.

Really?

Ethernet	10 Mb/s.
Modems		<56kb/s.
T1		1.54Mb/s.

Put a web server on the box, a T1, and a USB disk drive, and it should
still be able to saturate the T1.  And that is assuming only one USB port.

Some of us wish we HAD a T1 to saturate.

+C
--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;