Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 1999 13:26:34 -0700
From:      Lamont Lucas <lamont@segasoft.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VAIO F270 Questions

In message <19990805213622.A56591@keltia.freenix.fr>, Ollivier Robert writes:
>According to David O'Brien:
>> Sounds does not work on the 8xx's, but very well on the 505's.
>
>Except for the Z505 where it seems to use a different modem and sound chip :-(

Crap.  I've been running 3.2-STABLE on my z505, but hadn't tried to get the
modem or sound working yet.  (well, sort of, I quickly ruled out it being sb
compatible :-).  I had hoped the OSS drivers might pick up on the sound card,
and was going to work on it later this weekend or early next week.  Any
suggestions or pitfalls from someone who has tried?

BTW, the z505sx is a fantastic machine.  I had a rather odd experience
installing the machine (if the boot sequence probes for the 2nd ide controller
(perhaps hitting the memory stick) the machine crashes and burns), but
otherwise X was up and running without a hitch, and once I upgraded to the
latest PAO my apm stuff worked perfectly.

Now I just need to find a place with the triple capacity battery in stock.

--
Lamont Lucas, Sysadmin, lamont@segasoft.com
"Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win and