Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 10:55:22 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
To:        Paul Saab <spaul@more.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP NetServer 5/100 LS2

Yes, I did a whlie ago (HP Netserver LC, 486 2/66).
Whatever was written in the FAQ was 100% truth and worked. :)
BUT: FAQ refers to 486+EISA based machines -> not your case.

What you do probably need is the patch by Stefan Esser and David
Greenman, which helped me on an Intel XXpress
box a while ago -- that's because you do have a Pentium+PCI machine
with two PCI busses (despite of what BSD/OS tells you), and both aic's are on
the second one. Please check list archives or e-mail
me for working and tested patch for RELENG_2_2.

There is also a probablility that this patch was already commited
to RELENG_2_2 mainstream source, but I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure that HP's Pentium server is the same architecture
as Intel's one, so no warranty. :)

Best regards,
Andrew Stesin

nic-hdl: ST73-RIPE