Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 06:37:27 -0500
From:      "Donald J. O'Neill" <duncan.fbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Johan Johansen <Johan.Johansen@cc.uit.no>, Josh Carroll <josh.carroll@psualum.com>
Subject:   Re: atapicam trouble

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 05:47, Johan Johansen wrote:
> Actually, on my system I can do mount_udf /dev/acd0 and copy a 3GB
> file, I just tried. My problem is adding CAM support, which the
> handbook tells me I have to use to burn dvd.
>
> johan
>
> > I'm unable to copy a file from a udf-mounted DVD regardless of whether
> > atapicam is loaded or not, so I'm not sure if atapicam is just making
> > a problem more apparent or what. Are you able to do so?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Josh
> >
> > On 10/16/06, Johan Johansen <Johan.Johansen@cc.uit.no> wrote:
> > > I still have the same problem as below, even when running 6.2-BETA2
> > > from a FreeSBIE - cd. I wonder if this could have to do with badly
> > > supportet motherboard, ASUS P5B, since I dont see any temp-readings
> > > with sysctl. cpuTemp and MBTemp are displayed under bios-config.

Look in /boot/kernel and see if atapikam.ko is there. It should be. If it is,
you can use 'atapicam_load="YES"' in /boot/loader.conf to load atapicam at
boot. You can use 'kldload atapicam.ko' to just load it while system is
running to see if it works before going any further.

You can use kldstat to varify that it's loaded. Below is the output of kldstat
from one of my systems:

# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   15 0xc0400000 5cae28   kernel
 2    1 0xc09cb000 59f4     snd_atiixp.ko
 3    2 0xc09d1000 22b88    sound.ko
 4    1 0xc09f4000 4ae8     atapicam.ko
 5    1 0xc09f9000 5a78     if_fwip.ko
 6    1 0xc09ff000 59f00    acpi.ko