Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:21:18 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        hoek@hwcn.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fnord0: disabled, not probed.

> Fie.  There is a technological soloution to this problem, and a kludge
> should not be used.  The messages are a warning that a correct fix has
> yet to be implemented.  Removing them removes pressure to fix the thing
> the correct way, and encourages a climate of kludges.

Naw.  The correct way to fix them involves the load-reject-and-unload
dynamic driver interface you're so fond of.  Then this message goes
away anyhow since there's no such thing as a "disabled" driver in that
context and you've really saved yourself nothing by keeping it.  All
it's reminding us of is the fact that we need to substantially
rearchitect our device driver subsystem and we get plenty of reminders
of that from other sources already. :-)

					Jordan