Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 09:45:28 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: graphics card recommendations...

> was the Matrox Millennium II 8 MB, but my local dealer says
> that this card only exists for PCI; only the Millennium II 4MB
> is available for AGP bus.

So buy the PCI card? :-) I don't really see the whole attraction of
AGP, to be honest.

> very grateful for any recommendations. I know that there are
> graphics adapters better than the Millennium II, but the Xfree86's
> driver for this card has very good reputation. I'm searching
> for a good card _very well_ supported by Xfree86.

Heh - if you want something that's supported _very well_ by XFree86
then the Mill II isn't your best bet either - it works well enough to
use but there are still wrinkles here and there and the support is
by no means flawless yet.  I use AcceleratedX on my Matrox and wouldn't
use anything else. If you want something that's _very well_ supported
by XFree86 then buy an S3 card. :-)

- Jordan